Bird watching Tours in Sri Lanka
Sri Lanka is home to 439 species of birds of which 203 migrants, 236 are breeding residents,and the rest vagrants.This includes birds such as Fowls, Pigeons, , Parakeets, Malkoha, Coucal, Owl, Owlet, Hornbill, Barbet, Magpie, Bulbul, Warbler, Babbler, Thrush, Flycatcher, Flowerpecker, Pigeon, Barbet, Flameback, Woodshrike, Drongo and SwallowParrots, White-eye, Mynah, Starling.
Kumana National Park is the main bird sanctuary in Sri Lanka. this is onle of important location for nesting and breeding .Bundala national Park situated in the southernmost ,Sinharaja Rain Forest, Kalametiya Bird Sanctuary, , Bodinagala Forest Reserve, Kitulgala Forest, Yala, , Udawalawe, Wagamuwa, Minneriya ,Horton Plains National Parks and Wilpattu are other places you can see various birds.
Popular Bird Watching Destinations in Sri Lanka
- Black-capped BulbulBlack-capped Bulbul Binomial name : Pycnonotus […]
- Dull-blue FlycatcherDull-blue Flycatcher Binomial name : Eumyias sordidus […]
- Sri Lanka grey hornbillSri Lanka grey hornbill Binomial name : Ocyceros […]
- Orange-billed babblerOrange-billed babbler Binomial name : Turdoides […]
- Sri Lanka blue magpieSri Lanka blue magpie Binomial name : Urocissa ornata […]
- Sri Lankan junglefowlSri Lankan junglefowl Binomial name : Gallus […]
- Layard’s parakeetLayard’s parakeetBinomial name : Psittacula […]